Agreement to provide lifeline services to dispersed clients
Mansfield District Council
Tel: 01623 463341 / 01623 463076
- All equipment installed and supplied shall be maintained by Mansfield District Council (hereafter referred to as “we” or “us”) excluding batteries and telecare sensors.
- Only equipment approved by the ASSIST Team Leader may be linked to our Control Centre
- In the event of you changing your address, the equipment is not transferable without the permission of the ASSIST Team Leader
- The equipment to be installed must only be used in accordance with the instructions provided by the manufacturer or the ASSIST Team Leader
- In all circumstances, we would prefer to connect our Lifeline equipment to the household’s main telephone point. This ensures that in an emergency situation, your call would override any additional telephones that may have been accidentally left with the receiver off the hook in order to connect you to the Control Centre. In circumstances where the equipment is instead fitted to a telephone extension, your call would be blocked in these situations and we would be unable to receive it. We are happy to offer advice should you wish to move the position of your unit.
- All equipment shall be installed in a safe and unobtrusive manner
- The Council will make clients aware of any changes to telephony services that may affect their equipment and advise accordingly
- You have a right to a cooling off period of a minimum of 14 days rising to 21 days if pre-contractual information was not received in advance of the installation date.
- Installation charge is £14.50 and the service charge is £58.50 per quarter, you may be eligible for help with these costs if you are in receipt of certain benefits.
- Payment is made quarterly in advance upon receipt of an invoice from Mansfield District Council.
- Payment can be made using one of the following methods:
- Using your Direct Debit or Credit Card via Automated Payments on 01623 428632 – Option 5
- Any Pay Points or Pay Zone
- Online at https://www.mansfield.gov.uk/pay under Sundry Income Invoice
- The charge may be reviewed from time to time and 4 weeks written notice will be given of any alteration
What Can You Expect From Us?
- Make yearly service calls to check all equipment and review your personal details.
- Our Control Centre may also contact you at various times throughout the year to monitor your wellbeing.
- Next of Kin and contacts, we will only contact these individuals in case of an emergency.
- Be responsible for all repairs and maintenance of the equipment (excluding batteries and telecare sensors).
- Deal with all calls as quickly and efficiently as possible, but no guarantee of an immediate response can be given by the emergency services or the contacts provided by you
- Ensure that another Control Centre will accept your call if an emergency occurs within the Control Centre.
- All personal details (including keysafe codes) will be considered confidential by Central Control and used only in the event of an alarm being activated. They may be disclosed to members of the medical profession, the Emergency Services, Social Services or Council Officers if absolutely necessary. A referral may be required on your behalf to an agency in order to facilitate your independence. We would need your consent to share your details with partner organisations. Under the Data Protection Act 2018 you have the right to access this information.
What Do We Require From You?
We need you to:
- Notify Central Control immediately if you intend to terminate the service
- Test equipment at monthly intervals (by putting through a call to the Control Centre), failure to do so could mean the equipment will not work when you most need it. Please do not remove or add items to the lifeline unit. Should you wish to re-locate the unit please call the Control Centre for advice.
- Inform the Control Centre if the equipment is not operational or has any fault or defect as soon as you are aware on 01623 463341
- Report any fault or telephone line failure immediately to the telephone company providing the service and inform Central Control of line fault.
- Ensure that a telephone line and an approved telephone socket is installed within your property
- Pay all electricity and telephone charges billed to you as a result of using the Lifeline equipment
- Use the Lifeline Services predominantly for emergency calls (Emergencies are defined as incidents of illness or where life is endangered or where damage to the structure or contents of the dwelling should occur) However, we are happy to accept non-emergency calls if it provides reassurance to our clients
- Respond to the Controller wherever possible upon instigating a call. Should you accidentally trigger a false call, please inform the Controller that this was the case and the call will be closed down – if you do not respond to us, we will assume that you require assistance and alert your emergency contacts or the Emergency Services
- Notify us of any change of circumstances; including changes in the number of people living at the premises, any planned periods of absence as they arise, and changes to telephone numbers of occupants or Keyholders
- Ensure that the permission of the persons nominated to act as Keyholder or respond in an emergency (other than statutory services) has been obtained
- Allow the Council, its officers or contractors access to the property on reasonable notice for the inspection, maintenance or removal of the equipment
- Return all Sponsored equipment (including Mansfield District Council Keysafes and Telecare eg smokes, C02 alarms etc) to Poppyfields, Mansfield District Council, Communal Hub, Foresters Close, Mansfield, Notts NG19 6FB upon termination of this Agreement.
Please be aware that if you are contacted by Central Control from 01302 333999 you cannot return a call on this number – this is a computerised call.
Please ring the alternate numbers of 01623 463341 (office hours 06.00 – 22.00) and 01623 463050 out of hours.
Termination of Service
- We reserve the right to discontinue the service, for whatever reason or to vary the terms of this agreement, subject to giving four weeks written notice
- In the event of this agreement being breached by you by either abusing the service and/or Operators or non-payment of account, the service may be terminated by written notice. Our decision in this regard shall be final.
- Prior to the service being terminated in accordance with 28 above, we will telephone you and explain the intention to discontinue the service and the reason why we have made this decision. We will also inform statutory agencies and other interested parties of the removal of this service.
- The Council, its agents or subcontractors or Emergency Services accept no liability for any damage to the home or its contents which as a result of responding to any emergency call received at the Control Centre including entering the premises by force
- This agreement is for the personal benefit of the person(s) named on Pages 6 and 8 and as such cannot be assigned without prior written approval of the ASSIST Team Leaders
- You are advised that all telephone calls made by the Lifeline unit to the Control Centre are voice recorded and may be used for training purposes or dealing with complaints
- Should you wish to make a complaint about the service, Lifeline complies with the Mansfield District Council complaints procedure, which means that we will acknowledge a complaint within 5 working days of receipt, investigate and inform you of the outcome within 15 working days. Details are available from the Lifeline Office or Mansfield District Council
- You must agree to reimburse the Council the full current cost of replacing or repairing the equipment if it is lost, stolen or damaged, whether by yourself or a third party. You should ensure that adequate household insurance is arranged
- Failure to return any Lifeline equipment which belongs to Mansfield District Council when it is no longer required will also result in a charge of the cost of a replacement unit(s) at the current price, all equipment should be returned to Poppyfields, Mansfield District Council Communal Hub, Foresters Close, Mansfield, Notts NG19 6FB
- Please also note that you will still be invoiced for the service until all equipment is returned back to us at Poppy Fields.
Signed: S Ward - ASSIST Team Leader
Authorisation to Force Entry
In the event of an emergency situation or risk to life and no response to nominated contacts. I authorise Mansfield District Council to contact emergency services who will instigate a break in to my property if it is deemed that I cannot be accounted for and MDC Central Control has concerns for the well- being of the client.
Authorisation to Use Key Safe
MDC Central Control have consent to arrange entry by nominated contacts including Emergency Services to gain access to the property by use of the key safe if it is deemed that the above client has not been able to be accounted for and MDC Central control has concerns for the well-being of the client.
All equipment once the Lifeline Service is no longer required needs to be returned to Poppyfields, Mansfield District Council Communal Hub, Foresters Close, Mansfield, Notts NG19 6FB Tel 01623 463076. Invoices will not be cancelled until the equipment has been returned, failure to do so will result in being charged the full cost of all equipment provided.
General Data Protection Regulation 2016 (GDPR) / Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA)
Please ensure that your client reads the following information:
Under the GDPR and DPA Mansfield District Council, Civic Centre, Chesterfield Road South, Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, NG19 7BH is a Data Controller for the information it holds about you. The Council will hold your name, date of birth, contact details and details of any persons residing with you at your property following this referral. We will also hold contact details of your next of kin, emergency contacts. The assessment accompanying this referral may also contain the following categories of Special Category Data:
- physical or mental health – we will collect details of your health conditions and record details of particular types of medication that emergency response professionals will need to know such as allergies to medication and blood thinning medication etc.
Information in these categories is used by the Council on the basis that such use is necessary for reasons of contract and legitimate interest, and in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 2018. The lawful basis for processing your personal information is legitimate interest. Your data will be held for the period you are living in sheltered housing and or are using the lifeline/ASSIST service plus 6 years.
Subject to some legal exceptions, you have the right to request a copy of the personal information the Council holds about you; to have any inaccuracies corrected; to have your personal data erased; to place a restriction on our processing of your data; to object to processing; and to request your data to be ported (data portability). To learn more about these rights please see the Council’s Privacy Statement www.mansfield.gov.uk/privacy
If you have any concerns or questions about how your personal data is processed please contact the Council’s Data Protection Officer at the above address or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are dissatisfied with the Council’s response you can complain to the Information Commissioner's Office in writing to: Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF or by telephone 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745.