A nuisance is something which is unreasonable and causes substantial interference in the use and enjoyment of a person's property and is something that is merely an annoyance.
Complaints about certain potential statutory nuisances and general enquiries about environmental health issues may be made using the form below.
The potential statutory nuisances investigated by Environmental Health:
- Emitted from premises (eg. smoking chimneys, industrial/commercial fires, cable burning)
- Smoke, Fumes or gases emitted from premises (eg. From machinery, equipment or bonfires)
- Dust, steam, odour from industrial, trade or business premises
- Light (eg domestic security lighting, but not street lighting or reflected sunlight)
Other complaints investigated by Environmental Health
- Waste on private land
- Contaminated land
- Unsecured properties
- Japanese knotweed
- Filthy and verminous premises
- Animal health issues
To report a noise issue, please see the noise nuisance page.