If your bin has been lost, stolen or damaged, please let us know by completing the form below.
Please note that unless the bin has been damaged whilst being emptied, you will be required to make payment for a replacement bin, at the end of this form.
For damaged bins we will aim to attend to inspect and if appropriate either repair or replace your bin within 10 working days. Please leave your bin visible and easily accessible for our staff.
To report a missed collection, please complete our Missed bin report form.
Advice for ALL bin types
- We recommend all residents wait 1-2 weeks to see if their bin is located before reporting it as lost/stolen. When a resident's bin is missing, for general waste we will accept 3 loose bin bags (side waste) for 1 collection. Recyclable waste should be placed in cardboard boxes or strong paper bags.
- We aim to deliver replacement bins within 10 working days.
- Please note that any replacement bin is likely to be a refurbished used bin.
- For damaged bins, if operatives assess that the damage to the bin was caused by a negligence or misuse, the resident will have to pay for a replacement.
- If the bin cannot be repaired, it will be replaced.
- Replacements for lost/stolen GREEN GENERAL WASTE bins incur an admin & delivery fee which must be paid for by residents as outlined in our terms and conditions. The current charge is £28.60
- Replacements for lost/stolen BROWN GARDEN WASTE bins incur an admin & delivery fee which must be paid for by residents as outlined in our terms and conditions. The current charge is £28.60
- Replacement for BLUE RECYCLING and BLACK/TEAL GLASS RECYCLING bins are free.
Green Bin Only Advice
- Many residents still have the old standard 240 litre bins. However, replacements for green bins are all the new standard size of 180 litres and residents must make adjustments to prepare for the reduced waste capacity.
- Residential properties are only permitted to have 1 green general waste bin emptied per fortnight. If you pay the fee for a replacement bin, and your original bin is found, the 2nd bin will be removed and you will not be entitled to a refund.
Brown Bin Only Advice
- The garden waste bins will only be replaced or repaired if payment for the service has been received.
- For problems relating to your brown bin, please refer to the Garden Waste terms and conditions for information on what to do next.
To help us to speed things along, please provide us with either an email address or telephone number.