Retail and centres
Retail studies have been completed to assess the amount of land required for new retail and leisure developments in Mansfield District.
Retail and Leisure Study
A Retail and Leisure Study, 2011 and Addendum, 2014 were undertaken for Mansfield District. This provides the Council with advice and guidance on the performance of Mansfield town centre, as well as the supporting network of District centres, and the need for additional retail and leisure floorspace.
- Mansfield District Retail and Leisure Study - Main Report, 2011 [2Mb]
- Mansfield District Retail and Leisure Study - Executive Summary, 2011 [1Mb]
- Mansfield District Retail and Leisure Study - Appendix 1: Local Policy Review, 2011 [47kb]
- Mansfield District Retail and Leisure Study - Appendix 2: Retail Update, 2011 [11Mb]
- Mansfield District Retail and Leisure Study - Appendix 3: Framework for Monitoring PPS4 Indicators, 2011 [646kb]
- Mansfield District Retail and Leisure Study - Appendix 4: Study Area Maps, 2011 [4Mb]
- Mansfield District Retail and Leisure Study - Appendix 5: Quantitative Need Data Tables, 2011 [620kb]
- Mansfield District Retail and Leisure Study - Appendix 6: Household Survey Results, 2011 [1Mb]
- Mansfield District Retail and Commercial Leisure Study - Addendum, 2014 [3Mb]
A Retail and Commercial Leisure Study Update has since been commissioned for the District. The figures set out in this report supersede those in the 2014 Update and form an addendum to the 2011 Study. This study extends solely to updating the quantitative retail and commercial leisure capacity forecasts which the 2011 study identified. The findings of this study should thus be considered together with the 2011 study.
A further revised Retail and Commercial Leisure Study Update has been completed for the District in 2020. The quantitative retail and leisure capacity figures set out in this report will supersede those in the 2017 Update (Sections 5 and 6).
Retail and Leisure Technical Paper
Retail Viability Study
The following Retail Viability Study reviews the suitability for comparison retailing of a number of potential sites surrounding Mansfield town centre.
Retail Monitoring Report
A yearly report is carried out to monitor the level of retail development in Mansfield District, and to determine ways in which this can be, or needs to be, improved.
- Portland Gateway Regeneration Framework [220Mb]
- Riverside Masterplan [4Mb]
- The Brewery Interim Planning Guidance
- White Hart Supplementary Planning Document [1.3MB]
- Mansfield Central Area Flood Risk Review, 2018
Hot food takeaways
- Town Centre Survey, 2011 [3Mb]
- Town Centre Survey, 2014 [3Mb]
- Town Centre Survey, 2019 [5Mb]
- Urban Design Compendium Mansfield Town Centre [21Mb]
- Mansfield Town Centre Parking Strategy Update, 2007 [1Mb]
The following links will open in a new window;
- Creating a City Centre for Mansfield
- Crowded Places: The Planning System and Counter-Terrorism, 2012
- D2N2 Visitor Accomodation Strategy - Report of Key Findings, 2017 [830kb]
- D2N2 Visitor Accomodation Strategy - Executive Summary, 2017 [132kb]
- D2N2 Visitor Accomodation Strategy - Technical Appendices, 2017 [4Mb]
For older information please go to the archive.