Mansfield today is a description of the key issues facing the district.
Sustainability Appraisal (SA)
The Local Plan has to be accompanied by a Sustainability Appraisal report (link opens in a new window). Sustainability appraisal is an ongoing process undertaken throughout the preparation of a plan or strategy. Its purpose is to assess how well the emerging policies or proposals will achieve environmental, social and economic objectives.
- Mansfield Pre-Submission Sustainability Appraisal Report, 2018 [1Mb]
- Mansfield Pre-Submission Sustainability Appraisal - Non-Technical Summary, 2018 [1Mb]
- Mansfield Pre-Submission Sustainability Appraisal - Appendices, 2018 [14Mb]
- Mansfield Pre-Submission Sustainability Appraisal - Technical Appendix, 2018 [1Mb]
Habitat Regulations Assessment (HRA)
Habitat Regulations Assessment is required under European law to ensure planned development does not negatively affect areas that contain protected species and habitats of European importance.
- Habitat Regulations Screening Report, 2018 [92Mb]
- Habitat Regulations Assessment Screening Report - Natural England Letter, 2018 [131kb]
Equalities Impact Assessment (EQIA)
Duty to Cooperate strategy (DtC)
Local planning authorities are required to demonstrate cooperation with adjoining authorities and other organisations on strategic planning matters - a process known as the Duty to Cooperate (DtC). The Nottingham Outer Statement of Common Ground has been prepared jointly between the parties consisting of Ashfield District Council (ADC), Mansfield District Council (MDC), and Newark and Sherwood District Council (NSDC), known thereafter as "the Authorities". A Memorandum of Understanding was signed by the Authorities. We have also signed a Statement of Common Ground with Bolsover District Council (BDC).
- Nottingham Outer Housing Market Area Memorandum of Understanding, 2017 [1Mb]
- Nottingham Outer Statement of Common Ground [495kb]
- Bolsover Statement of Common Ground, 2018 [325kb]
- Duty to Cooperate Statement, 2018 [71kb]
- Duty to Cooperate Statement of Compliance, 2018 [2Mb]
- Mansfield and Ashfield Clinical Commissioning Group Statement of Common Ground, 2018 [258kb]
- Historic England Statement of Common Ground, 2018 [560kb]
- Nottinghamshire County Council Statement of Common Ground, 2018 [207kb]
- Bassetlaw District Council Statement of Common Ground, 2018 [294kb]
Statement of Community Involvement (SCI)
The council recognise that it is essential that communities and businesses within Mansfield should have the opportunity to contribute to the preparation of plans and policies. This document explains how you can get involved in the planning system, including the emerging Local Plan. It also explains the council's commitment to assisting communities who want to pursue new Neighbourhood Planning options.
Health and Wellbeing
- Healthy Mansfield - Committing to Change, 2019 [8Mb]
- The Nottinghamshire Joint Health and Wellbeing Strategy 2018-2022 (link opens in a new window)
- The Public Health England Health Profile for Mansfield (link opens in a new window)
- Department of Health 2010, 'Healthy Lives, Healthy People' (link opens in a new window)
- Mansfield Annual Monitoring Reports
- Fast Food Outlets and Obesity - Mansfield Briefing, 2018 [434kb]
Rapid Health Impact Assessment
- Rapid Health Impact Assessment, 2018. [267kb]
- The Nottinghamshire Joint Strategic Needs Assessment (link opens in a new window)
- Nottinghamshire Joint Strategic Needs Assessment - Air quality, 2015 [939kb]
- Nottinghamshire Joint Strategic Needs Assessment - Excess weight in children, young people and adults, 2016 [302kb]
Vision and Objectives Background Paper
For older information please go to the archive.