Support available

Armed Forces

We are signed up the Armed Service Covenant and can offer additional priority on Homefinder if you’ve been a member of the armed services. For more information contact Homefinder on 01623 463402 or Homefinder@mansfield.gov.uk.

We also have an Armed Forces Crisis Fund to help ex-service personnel who find themselves in hardship. For further information contact 01623 463121 or homelessenquiries@mansfield.gov.uk.

For more information about the support available to people who have served in the Armed Forces, please visit:

Support for the Armed Forces

Domestic abuse

There’s lots of help for people experiencing or who have been affected by domestic abuse.


We work in partnership with NIDAS, Nottinghamshire Independent Domestic Abuse Services, who help and support people in domestic abuse situations.

Visit the NIDAS website (opens in new window) or call them on 01623 683250.

Women’s Aid

A national charity working to end domestic abuse against women and children. They can offer help and support to people suffering domestic abuse.

Visit the Women's Aid website (opens in new window) or call their 24 hour help line on 0808 2000 247

Care leavers

If you’ve been in the care of Nottinghamshire County Council there are a range of services available to help you, this can include help to get accommodation.

We, along with other Nottinghamshire district councils, are part of the Care Leaver Offer which priorities housing applications for looked after children. So if you are living in local authority care and are to become homeless, or are threatened with homelessness, contact us on 01623 463402.

16 to 18 year olds

If you’re aged between 16 and 18 and you’re homeless, or threatened with homelessness, you will need to speak to Social Care Children’s Services on 0115 8764800.

Prison release

If you’re in prison or youth detention and will have no home on your release, we will work with you and professionals to assess your needs and help you find a home.

We can offer advice on a range of issues. It’s important for you to get in touch as soon as possible to give time for an assessment so housing options can be explored and appropriate accommodation found.

It is important that the prison notify us via the Duty to Refer so that we can inform our Prison Navigator of your release and possible homeless status.

Hospital discharge

If you have no place to return to when you’re discharged from hospital, Housing Solutions can assess your housing and support needs and work with you, and any professionals to ensure accommodation is available for you when you are well enough to leave hospital. We have a Homeless Prevention worker based at Kingsmill hospital to help with this.

Physical difficulties in your home

If you’re struggling to live in your own home because of an injury or long term illness, equipment and adaptations in your home could help you to live in your own home independently.

Contact us for more information.