Mansfield District Council seeks the views of residents, business owners and stakeholders on the development of the Local Plan and other planning policy documents.
We are currently seeking your views on the council’s draft Statement of Community Involvement (SCI).
The document sets out how we will consult you on planning matters, such as new policies and planning applications that might affect you. The current SCI was adopted in 2017 but has been amended to update the status of the Mansfield District Council Local Plan which is now adopted, and to add what consultation methods we may use in circumstances such as the COVID-19 pandemic.
You can make comments on the draft SCI from 11 June to 26 July 2021. All comments received will be used to inform the final document which, upon adoption, will be applied each time we consult on planning matters.
You can view the document and comment online by visiting our consultation portal: https://mansfield-consult.objective.co.uk/portal/sci_2021/draft_sci_2021
You can also view a copy of the document at the Civic Centre (by appointment only, please call 01623 463463) and at each county library in the district during the consultation period. Please check opening times, ensure you follow all social distancing guidelines in place and remember Hands, Face, Space and Fresh Air to help keep Mansfield safe.
We will be holding the following drop in sessions where you can come along and find out more:
1 July 2021 (1pm until 6.30pm)
West Gate (by Primark / WHSmith), Mansfield town centre
8 July 2021 (1pm until 6.30pm)
The car park at The Talbot / Co-op, Market Warsop
15 July 2021 (1pm until 6.30pm)
Outside the Old Town Hall, Mansfield town centre
22 July 2021 (1pm until 6.30pm)
Mansfield Woodhouse Market Place
All events will be held outside in a gazebo. Hand sanitiser will be available and face masks should be worn.
Commenting on our consultations
You can comment on our consultation events and keep up to date with new consultation events by using our consultation portal
For further information on how to use the consultation portal you can view the help video.
Comments can also be sent in by writing to:
Planning Policy Team
Mansfield District Council
Chesterfield Road South
Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Any comments sent by post should reach the council by the end of the consultation period. Please note that any comments you make may be made publicly available.
You can follow the council’s social media for more information on planning in Mansfield district.
- Draft Affordable Housing Supplementary Planning Document (SPD), ended 18 May 2020
- Main Modifications to the Mansfield's Local Plan, ended 10 December 2019.
- Gypsy, Traveller and Travelling Showpeople Options Development Plan Document (DPD), ended 13 September 2019
- SEA Screening Report and HRA Screening Report for the Warsop Neighbourhood Plan, ended 13 February 2019
- Warsop Parish Council Neighbourhood Plan 2013-2033, ended November 2018
- Mansfield District Local Plan - Publication Draft, ended 01 November 2018
- Gypsy and Traveller Development Plan Document (DPD), ended August 2018
- Local Plan Preferred Options 2013 - 2033, ended 10 November 2017
- Statement of Community Involvement (SCI) Draft 2017, ended 13 June 2017
- Gypsy and Traveller Land Availability Assessment (G&T) - Call for sites, ended 05 April 2017
- Housing and Economic Land Availability Assessment (HELAA) - Site submission form, ended 31 December 2016
- Housing and Economic Land Availability Assessment (HELAA) - Draft Methodology, ended 31 December 2016
- Interim Sustainability Appraisal Report, ended 14 September 2016
- Habitats Regulations Assessment, ended 14 September 2016
- Mansfield District Local Plan - Consultation Draft - Summer 2016, ended 14 September 2016
- Mansfield District Local Plan - Consultation Draft, ended 22 February 2016
- Mansfield District Local Plan - Scoping Report, ended 14 July 2015
- Approach to Duty to Cooperate (DtC), ended 20 March 2015
- Playing Pitch Strategy Scoping Report, ended 23 February 2015
Statement of Community Involvement (SCI)
It is important that we engage with the community throughout the preparation of the Local Plan and other planning policy documents. In doing this we need to ensure we follow the council's Statement of Community Involvement (SCI) 2017 (opens in new window) and the regulations governing the development plan process.
We are required by legislation to produce a Statement of Community Involvement (SCI) every five years.