Making a home
There’s a lot to think about when you leave the forces. Some of the things you’ll need to think about are:
- where you will live
- what and where you will work
- where your children will go to school
- registering with a doctor and dentist
- what you will need to set up a home.
Finding a home
Homefinder awards priority for applications for serving armed forces personnel and veterans with a local connection. For more information or to apply for council housing visit the Ashfield and Mansfield Homefinder website (opens in new window).
Homeless and housing advice
If you're homeless or threatened with homelessness, or are preparing for service discharge, you may be given extra housing priority to access social housing.
You can contact our homeless team for advice on 01623 463125 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit:
- Veterans Gateway (opens in new window), for help and advice
- Stoll (opens in new window), a veteran's charity and housing association providing housing and access to services
- SSAFA (opens in new window), who offer a range of housing options
- Help to buy government scheme (opens in new window).