Whether you are looking to start a business, are already established or you are thinking of moving to Mansfield, we have a variety of business grants which may be suitable for you.
Business Start-Up Grant
The Business Start-Up Grant (up to £2,500) is available to individuals looking to start a business in the Mansfield district. The grant can be used towards start-up costs including the purchase of machinery and equipment, business stationery90uu and marketing costs such as advertising and web design.
Applicants must have a business trading address in Mansfield district; if they do not intend to have a trading address, they must demonstrate that they live in the district.
Business Growth Grant
The Business Growth Grant (up to £2,500) is available to established businesses based in the Mansfield district and which produce a viable Growth Plan that demonstrates potential growth in productivity and job creation. Businesses can use this grant for support in developing a Growth Plan and for costs involved in its implementation.
Shop Front Improvements
The Shop Front Improvements Grant (up to £2,500) is for independent retailers, already occupying premises in the Mansfield district, that want to make alterations or repairs to their shopfront to enhance its character and appearance. For grant purposes, the areas being considered for repair, replacement, improvement or reinstatement must face the high street or the main road or pedestrianised streets.
Vacant Shops Grant
The Vacant Shops Grant (up to £2,500) is open to independent retailers taking occupation of a vacant retail property in the Mansfield district. Eligible costs include improvements to premises, fixtures and fittings including new signage, rental payments, insurance premiums, advertising and marketing costs.
Our business support partner, Nottinghamshire Business Advisory Service, will contact you within five working days to discuss your business ideas and help you through the grant application process. This is highly recommended and greatly increases the likelihood of presenting a viable and complete business case for grant approval.
Before you complete your online application please ensure you have read the schemes guidance (opens in new window).
Access help to develop your business plan
If you need further business support or assistance, please contact one of our business support partners for free business advice:
- D2N2 Growth Hub (opens in new window)
- NBV Enterprise Solutions (opens in new window)
- Business & IP Centre Nottinghamshire (opens in new window).
- Check eligibility and guidance
- Complete and submit a business registration form
- Appointment with a business advisor, to progress your business ideas, complete and submit a grant application form, a business plan and a cashflow forecast and any other documents that are required.
- Application reviewed by Grant Panel.
- Successful applicants may start project from date of approval confirmation.
- Client makes payment to its suppliers for work undertaken and items purchased.
- Claim for grant payment can be made once evidence of payment to supplier has been submitted.
- Post grant monitoring visit to be undertaken by a council officer.
- Post grant monitoring information to be provided by the grantee, as required by Mansfield District Council as the grant authority.