If you provide any massage, beauty treatments or sunbeds then you may need a licence from us. If you only offer the use of sunbeds you must still have a licence.
Apply for a licence
An application fee must be paid when you submit a new or renewal application:
You will need to provide the following:
- details for two referees
- passport size photographs for each practitioner, and
- original qualification certificates for each practitioner.
We will confirm that we have received both your application and fee in writing and arrange to carry out an inspection of your premises.
A copy of the completed application form will be sent to Nottinghamshire Police for comment.
When considering your application, we will look at:
- your suitability
- the suitability of any practitioner
- the suitability of the premises
- any comments from Nottinghamshire Police.
Many businesses provide a mixture of treatments for members of the public, some of which will require licensing. These activities include:
- Sun beds - horizontal, single and double sided
- Sun domes - vertical tanning systems
- Steam rooms
- Aromatherapy involving full or part body massage with alleged therapeutic benefits
- Remedial massage/massage therapy/Swedish body massage
- Warm wax body treatments
- Seaweed wraps
- Pressure therapy using an inflatable body wrap
- Body exfoliation
- Sugaring body treatments
- Electric treatment.
To apply for a licence, you must be at least 21 years old.
If your licence application is refused you can appeal to Mansfield Magistrates' Court against the decision.