For the Easter holiday, Mansfield District Council we will be delivering Easterfest, giving children and young people the opportunity to enjoy:
- One meal during each session
- Enjoyable activities - these vary from provider to provider, but will all include creative, enriching and physical activities
- Socialising and friendly spaces to build relationships
- Guidance and signposting for parents and carers to support your family
Who is eligible?
- Children and young people aged 5-16 who are in receipt of benefits-related free school meals are also eligible for a free place on Easterfest programme. More details for eligibility are available here, under ‘Qualifying Benefits’.
Some of our providers will be offering paid for places. We have a very small amount of places for children, who meet the following criteria:
- Children assessed as being in need
- Looked after children
- Children with an EHC plan(education, health and care)
- Children assessed as otherwise vulnerable
- Children living in areas of high deprivation.
Easterfest activities will take place throughout Mansfield from the week starting Monday 4 April until the 14 April (Monday to Thursday). Children aged from 5-16 years, can attend up to 4 days for at least four hours a day. Activities include sports, arts and crafts, parties, visit to the pantomime, entertainers, come and be part of the fun!
Food and support
You can find information in this section for the following:
- What is available for those unable to access the Notts Easterfest provision
- Support services available to families
- Healthy eating, recipes and nutritional information