Fraud and risk

How to raise a concern

Concerns can be expressed anonymously but this often makes them more difficult to investigate. We have to use our discretion to determine if enough relevant information has been provided to warrant an investigation.

We recognise that you may want to raise a concern in confidence. If you ask us to protect your identity, we will not disclose it without your consent.

If the situation arises where we are not able to resolve the concern without revealing your identity (for instance because your evidence is needed in court), we will discuss with you how you wish to proceed.

Report your concerns by:

You can report a concern about housing benefit or council tax benefit fraud to DWP: