If you would like to make a complaint about our services, please read our Corporate Complaints Policy. This sets out how we handle complaints and deal with them effectively.
A complaint is not an enquiry or request for us to do something. For example, don’t make a complaint to:
- Report anti-social behaviour.
- To challenge a decision for which this is a right of appeal, either to a tribunal or to the council itself.
- Because you disagree with the law.
- To ask us to provide something, such as information or a service.
You can make a complaint online:
- by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- by phone: 01623 463463
- by post: Mansfield District Council, Chesterfield Road South, Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, NG19 7BH.
We will acknowledge receipt of your formal complaint within five working days and we aim to reply in full within 10 working days.
Housing Ombudsman: Complaint Handling Code
How we meet the Complaint Handling Code
The Housing Ombudsman publishes a Complaint Handling Code which helps social landlords, like the council, respond to complaints effectively and fairly.
As part of the Code, we must complete a self-assessment at least once every 12 months. Here is a summary of our latest self-assessment completed in September 2022 and action plan to address any gaps