Report antisocial behaviour

Antisocial behaviour (ASB) is unacceptable behaviour that is likely to cause harassment, alarm or distress. This might include:

  • using loud foul language
  • making threats to neighbours
  • using and dealing drugs
  • drunken or rowdy behaviour
  • Hate crime (behaviour which is racist, homophobic or disability related), or
  • damage to property.

The following do not class as anti-social behaviour:

  • young children or babies crying
  • someone who talks loudly or shouts
  • children playing loudly on the street or park
  • boundary disputes, or
  • noise nuisance from DIY activities, animals, loud music and TV.

What can I do if I am experiencing anti-social behaviour?

If you are experiencing antisocial behaviour, call our Antisocial Behaviour Hotline on 01623 463742.

Victims of antisocial behaviour should keep track of what is happening in an antisocial behaviour incident diary (opens in new window) for at least two weeks. If the activity goes on for more than two weeks, let us know. If you are a council tenant you can also contact your housing officer for extra help.

We have a number of powers we can use to tackle antisocial behaviour.

What is the Community Trigger?

The Community Trigger is a way that members of the public can ask for their complaint of antisocial behaviour (ASB) to be reviewed if the complainant believes there has been a failure to respond appropriately to their complaint.

The Community Trigger criteria is:

The victim/s has/have complained to Mansfield District Council, the Police and/or a Registered Social Landlord three times about separate incidents of antisocial behaviour within one month beginning with the date on which the behaviour is alleged to have occurred.

You can raise a community trigger by completing the community trigger report form (opens in new window).

Where else can I get help?

To find your local Police Officer or PCSO visit the Nottinghamshire Police website (opens in new window).

You can also report a crime by contacting Crimestoppers (opens in new window). You do not have to give them your name.