Report antisocial behaviour

Antisocial behaviour (ASB) is unacceptable behaviour that is likely to cause harassment, alarm or distress. This might include:

  • using loud foul language
  • making threats to neighbours
  • using and dealing drugs
  • drunken or rowdy behaviour
  • Hate crime (behaviour which is racist, homophobic or disability related), or
  • damage to property.

The following do not class as anti-social behaviour:

  • young children or babies crying
  • someone who talks loudly or shouts
  • children playing loudly on the street or park
  • boundary disputes, or
  • noise nuisance from DIY activities, animals, loud music and TV.

What can I do if I am experiencing anti-social behaviour?

If you are experiencing antisocial behaviour, call our Antisocial Behaviour Hotline on 01623 460144.

Victims of antisocial behaviour should keep track of what is happening in an antisocial behaviour incident diary (opens in new window) for at least two weeks. If the activity goes on for more than two weeks, let us know. If you are a council tenant you can also contact your housing officer for extra help.

We have a number of powers we can use to tackle antisocial behaviour.

Community Trigger

If you have reported anti-social behaviour and you feel that no-one is dealing with it you can ask for the agencies involved such as the council or the police, to review your case.

You can use the Community Trigger if:

  • You have complained to us, the police and/or a registered landlord three times about separate incidents of anti-social behaviour. You must contact us within one month of the first case of anti-social behaviour

  • If you want to make an application to review your case, you must contact us within six months of the date that you made your first complaint of anti-social behaviour.

Using the Community Trigger does not replace our complaint's procedure.

Find out more about a Community Trigger.

Where else can I get help?

To find your local Police Officer or PCSO visit the Nottinghamshire Police website (opens in new window).

You can also report a crime by contacting Crimestoppers (opens in new window). You do not have to give them your name.