You can have confidence in using taxis licensed by us. We do the following compulsory checks:
- All Mansfield District Council licensed drivers are required to complete an annual driving licence check with the DVLA to ensure they hold a full valid licence to drive, as well as a DVLA Group 2 medical examination to ensure they are fit enough to drive.
- The Immigration Act 2016 now places a requirement on all local licensing authorities to perform right to work checks on all new driver applications it receives.
- Mansfield District Council and Nottinghamshire Police require all drivers to attend a safeguarding course which helps drivers identify vulnerable groups and how to report any incidents involving such groups.
- To reassure the public and provide them with confidence whilst using vehicles we license, all drivers are required to display their driver's badge in a prominent place and provide their details upon request.
- As an additional safeguarding measure, we annually check a drivers DBS certificate.
- It is an essential requirement that all drivers undertake and pass a local knowledge test.