Demolition and dangerous structures

Apply for demolition or report a dangerous structure

If you want to demolish a building you will (in most cases) need to serve a demolition notice at least six weeks before you wish to begin work.

How to apply

Building Control Services in Mansfield District are now provided by the Erewash and West Nottinghamshire Building Consultancy.

For further information on applications to demolish a building please see the Erewash Building Control website (opens in a new window). Alternatively email or call on 0115 9072233

Report a dangerous structure

If you feel a building or structure is dangerous and is a threat to public safety, please contact us immediately. For example, if a building is in danger of collapsing or there are parts that have come loose.

We provide 24 hour dangerous structure cover. During normal office hours call us on0115 9072233 . In an out of hours emergency contact our Central Control on 01623 463050.