Planning appeals

There are a number of grounds on which you can make a planning appeal.

You can make a planning appeal:

  • If we have refused your planning application.
  • If you disagree with the condition(s) attached to your planning application decision.
  • If we have not made a decision on your application within the set time period (eight weeks, or in the case of a major application thirteen weeks).
  • If we have decided to issue an enforcement notice.

How to appeal

To appeal against our refusal of planning permission for your application, your appeal must be lodged with the Planning Inspectorate (opens in a new window) within six months of the decision date.

Appeals for householder applications must be lodged within twelve weeks of the decision date.

Enforcement appeals need to be lodged before the effective date of the Enforcement Notice.

Where the appeal is against us not determining your application on time (including applications for non-material changes to planning permission), you have 28 days after the expiry of the determination date to lodge your appeal.

Information explaining your rights and how to make an appeal are attached to your decision notice. Alternatively you can contact us or use the Planning Inspectorate's online appeals service (opens in a new window).

Planning and enforcement appeal guidance

Use these links for guidance on taking part in planning and enforcement appeals.

Householder appeal service

The householder appeal service (opens in a new window) is designed to bring a quicker, more proportionate appeals service to householders. The Planning Inspectorate (opens in a new window) aims to issue a decision within eight weeks of accepting these types of appeal. For more information visit the Planning Inspectorate - information on appeals page (opens in a new window).

Find current appeals

Current appeals in Mansfield district can be viewed in our online planning applications system (opens in a new window). You can also view and track the progress of an appeal using the Planning casework service (opens in a new window).