Nottinghamshire Recycling Centres operated by Veolia (Nottinghamshire County Council’s
waste contractors) are now back open as usual for the rest of the summer.
The Recycling Centres across Nottinghamshire are now open from 8 am right through until 8 pm every day until Wednesday 30th September. Please remember that we are still social distancing so there may still be queues at some sites, so why not make the most of the longer opening hours and visit in the evenings when things are quieter.
Nottinghamshire County Councillor Phil Rostance, Vice Chair of the Communities and Place Committee said: “We’re delighted that we are now in a position to extend the opening hours across all12 of our Recycling Centres in Nottinghamshire. With the current social distancing restrictions in place
we are seeing queues at some sites, especially Mansfield and West Bridgford. We hope that by extending the opening hours residents will choose to visit a site during the evening which tends to be a quieter time or ask that they consider using a different site to help ease congestion at busier locations and avoid queues. Residents can visit any Recycling Centre within the county as long as they have registered their vehicle(s) via the County Council’s website.”
The Nottinghamshire Recycling Centres accept a wide range of household waste for recycling; including textiles, glass bottles and jars, wood, scrap metal, batteries, garden waste, electrical appliances and even engine oil and cooking oil. On average, the Recycling Centres recycle an impressive 80% of the waste they receive.
Top tips to remember when visiting your local Recycling Centre:
- For your own safety and the safety of others using the sites please ensure you adhere to the social distancing requirements on site. Only one person per gantry or skip at a time.
- If assistance is needed, please ask a member of staff as they are still able to offer advice, but at the moment are not able to physically help you move your waste and recyclables.
- A visit will be quicker if your waste is sorted into types and will help us recycle as much as possible as we can’t currently do any sorting on site.
- Don’t forget you need to be a Nottinghamshire resident and registered to use our Recycling Centres, and will be turned away if not. Register for free on the Nottinghamshire County Council website (opens in new window).
- Trade waste, commercial waste, or waste from home building projects can’t be taken to the Recycling Centres. You must only take your own personal household waste.
- Sensible footwear must be worn when visiting the Recycling Centres and waste must be placed into skips carefully to avoid injury.
- Children and animals must stay in vehicles at all times.
Recycling Centre Locations
- Beeston Recycling Centre - Lilac Grove, Beeston, NG9 1PF
- Bilsthorpe Recycling Centre - Brailwood Road, Bilsthorpe, NG22 8UA
- Calverton Recycling Centre - Hollinwood Lane, Calverton, NG14 6NR
- Giltbrook Recycling Centre - Gilthill, Giltbrook, NG16 2HR
- Hucknall Recycling Centre - Wigwam Lane, Hucknall, NG15 5SZ
- Kirkby Recycling Centre - Sidings Road, Lowmoor Industrial Estate, Kirkby-in-Ashfield, NG17 7JZ
- Mansfield Recycling Centre - Kestral Park, Kestral Road, Mansfield, NG18 5FT
- Newark Recycling Centre - Brunel Drive, Newark, NG24 2EG
- Retford Recycling Centre - Hallcroft Road, Retford, DN22 7LE
- Warsop Recycling Centre - Oakfield Lane, Warsop, NG20 0JG
- West Bridgford Recycling Centre - Rugby Road, West Bridgford, NG2 7HA
- Worksop Recycling Centre - Shireoaks Road, Worksop, S80 3HA
To find out more about Veolia call 0203 567 4370 or visit the Veolia website (opens in new window).
Published on behalf of Veolia