The Licensing Committee meet approximately four times a year and agrees overall licensing policy. They make decisions on applications for:
- hackney carriage and private hire vehicles
- animal welfare
- massage and special treatments
- alcohol licensing and regulated entertainment
- gambling within the district, and
- personal and premises licences.
The Licensing Panel is held when:
- licensing applications are submitted
- reviews of licences or,
- the change of a licence.
Members of the Licensing Committee and Panel
Councillor John Coxhead was elected Chair of the Committee for 2023-24 in May 2023.
See meetings, agendas and minutes for decisions made by the Licensing Committee and Licensing Panel.