The Licensing Committee meet approximately four times a year and agrees overall licensing policy. They make decisions on applications for:
- hackney carriage and private hire vehicles
- animal welfare
- massage and special treatments
- alcohol licensing and reguated entertainment
- gambling within the district, and
- personal and premises licenses.
The Licensing Panel is held when:
- licensing applications are submitted
- reviews of licences or,
- the change of a licence.
Members of the Licensing Committee and Panel
Councillor Coxhead was elected Chair of the Committee for 2019/20 at the Annual Council on 21 May 2019.
Members of this committee include:
- Councillor S. Anderson - Conservative
- Councillor S. Bodle – MIF
- Councillor M. Bradshaw - Labour
- Councillor B. Drewett - MIF
- Councillor B. Lohan - Labour
- Councillor A. Norman – Labour
- Councillor J. Smart - Labour
- Councillor D. Smith – MIF
- Councillor A. Tristram – MIF
- Councillor S. Walker – MIF.
Licensing Committee decisions
See meetings, agendas and minutes for decisions made by the Licensing Committee and Licensing Panel.