Our role is to prepare for possible emergencies within the district. Whilst emergencies do not happen very often it is essential that we are prepared and ready to respond 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Mansfield District Council is defined as a Category One responder under the Civil Contingencies Act, 2004 (opens in new window) and therefore is required to fulfil seven statutory duties to ensure it is prepared for an emergency.
We are required to:
- Co-operate with other local responders to enhance coordination and efficiency.
- Ensure information is shared with other local responders to enhance coordination.
- Carry out risk assessments.
- Have emergency plans in place.
- Have business continuity management arrangements in place.
- Have arrangements in place to be able to warn and inform the public in the event of an emergency.
- Provide advice and assistance to businesses and voluntary organisations regarding business continuity management.
We are an active member of the Nottinghamshire Local Resilience Forum which develops multi-agency plans and working arrangements for responding to emergencies. We are ready to respond to emergencies 24/7, 365 days a year. We work closely with Nottinghamshire County Council (opens in new window) and with neighbouring district and boroughs to ensure the safety of our community and the resilience of the district and the county as a whole.