Re-use of Public Sector Information

Public Sector Information Regulations 2005 (PSI) (opens in a new window) allow public authorities to make information they hold available for re-use by other organisations.

The PSI regulations do not oblige public bodies to make their information available for reuse unless there is a statutory obligation to do so.

The regulations apply to any recorded information (as defined on our Freedom of Information page), including whole documents or parts of documents.

There are some exemptions to the regulations, including educational or cultural establishments, intellectual property that rests with a third party, and information that is exempt under freedom of information, data protection and other legislation

For more details view our public sector information regulations policy.

How to request to reuse information

To apply to reuse information complete the application for information form, or submit the request in writing or email us at and:

  • state your name and address
  • specify which documents or pieces of information you wish to reuse, and
  • state the purpose for which the document or information is to be reused.

Please send the request to:

FOI Requests

Mansfield District Council Civic Centre
Chesterfield Road South
NG19 7BH

Making a decision

We will deal with your request as quickly as we can and will aim to provide a full response within 20 working days. If we are unable to respond within 20 working days, we will contact you as soon as possible explaining why.

In most cases we will only permit reuse of information under a set of conditions known as a licence. Where this is the case, we will inform you of the licence conditions and whether there is a charge for the licence.

Appeals and complaints

If we refuse a request to reuse information, we will write to you and include:

  • the reasons for refusal
  • an explanation of our complaints and appeals procedure
  • the identity of any third party, if known, which owns copyright and/or intellectual property rights which led to the refusal.

If you wish to appeal against our decision or make a complaint about the way your request was handled you may request an internal review, please write to:

Mansfield District Council Civic Centre
Chesterfield Road South
NG19 7BH

Or e-mail

If you are still not satisfied with the response you can make a formal complaint via our complaint procedure.

If, having heard the outcome of your complaint or appeal, you are still dissatisfied, you can refer your case to the Information Commissioner's Office (link opens in a new window).