The Cabinet is responsible for strategic decisions and recommends proposals for approval by Full Council on the budget, Council Tax levels and the council's policy framework.
Members of the Cabinet are called Portfolio Holders and each has a specific area of responsibility. They make decisions on how our policies and services are delivered.
The portfolios are:
- Corporate and Finance including the council's finances, Council Tax, Housing Benefit, Insurance and Council Tax Support Scheme, Risk Management and Internal Audit.
- Environment and Leisure including Parks, Sports and Leisure, Fleet vehicles, Waste disposal and recycling, Cemeteries and crematorium, Health and wellbeing, Allotments and Street cleaning.
- Regeneration and Growth including Employment and Skills, Business Support, Growth and Health and Wellbeing.
- Safer Communities, Housing and Wellbeing including Community Safety, CCTV, Licensing and Planning and Building Control matters, tenants, Special Needs Housing, Housing Allocations policy, Homelessness Strategy and the operation of mobile homes and caravan sites.
Cabinet meetings are held when they are required to conduct business. Members vote on recommendations within reports submitted on a meeting agenda.
Members of the Cabinet
The cabinet is made up of the Executive Mayor and five councillors, who are appointed by the Mayor.
This year's Portfolio Holders are:
- Councillor Craig Whitby - Deputy Mayor and Portfolio Holder for Corporate and Finance
- Councillor Stuart Richardson - Portfolio Holder for Regeneration and Growth
- Councillor Andrew Burgin - Portfolio Holder for the Environment and Leisure
- Councillor Marion Bradshaw - Portfolio Holder for Communities, Housing and Wellbeing.
See meetings, agendas and minutes for decisions made by the Cabinet or executive delegated decisions.
Our Key decisions lists details of decisions which are due to be taken by the Cabinet.