The Cabinet is responsible for strategic decisions and recommends proposals for approval by Full Council on the budget, Council Tax levels and the council's policy framework.
Members of the Cabinet are called Portfolio Holders and each has a specific area of responsibility. They make decisions on how our policies and services are delivered.
The portfolios are:
- Corporate and Finance including the council's finances, Council Tax, Housing Benefit, Insurance and Council Tax Support Scheme, Risk Management and Internal Audit.
- Environment and Leisure including Parks, Sports and Leisure, Fleet vehicles, Waste disposal and recycling, Cemeteries and crematorium, Health and wellbeing, Allotments and Street cleaning.
- Housing including Tenants, Special Needs Housing, Housing Allocations Policy, Homelessness Strategy and the operation of mobile homes and caravan sites.
- Regeneration and Growth including Employment and Skills, Business Support, Growth and Health and Wellbeing.
- Safer Communities and Wellbeing including Community Safety, CCTV, Licensing and Planning and Building Control matters.
Cabinet meetings are held when they are required to conduct business. Members vote on recommendations within reports submitted on a meeting agenda.
Members of the Cabinet
The cabinet is made up of the Executive Mayor and five councillors, who are appointed by the Mayor.
This year's Portfolio Holders are:
- Councillor Stuart Richardson - Deputy Mayor and Portfolio Holder for Regeneration and Growth
- Councillor Craig Whitby - Portfolio Holder for Corporate and Finance
- Councillor Andrew Burgin - Portfolio Holder for the Environment and Leisure
- Councillor Marion Bradshaw - Portfolio Holder for Housing
- Councillor Amanda Fisher - Portfolio Holder for Safer Communities and Wellbeing.
See meetings, agendas and minutes for decisions made by the Cabinet or executive delegated decisions.
Our Key decisions lists details of decisions which are due to be taken by the Cabinet.