Council house adaptations

How to apply

If you are struggling to either access or safely move around your Council home you may be able to apply for the following adaptations to be carried out:

  • wet rooms
  • stairlifts
  • hoists
  • bedroom/bathroom extensions.

Before adaptations can be carried out we will need a referral from the Occupational Therapy team at Nottinghamshire County Council.

You can contact Nottinghamshire County Council (opens in a new window) on 0300 500 8080 to request an assessment by an Occupational Therapist.

This assessment will look at what equipment or adaptations will make it easier for you to live independently.

Minor adaptations

Some minor adaptations can be requested direct from our repairs team without an Occupational Therapist referral. These adaptations include grab rails, half steps and extra internal stair rails. Please contact the repairs team on 01623 463463 and select option 1.