Domestic violence and abuse (DVA) is any intimidating behaviour, violence or abuse between adults who are or have been in a relationship, or between family members. The abuse can be physical, emotional, psychological, financial, sexual or a combination of these. Stalking, honour based violence, female genital mutilation (FGM) and forced marriage are also forms of DVA.
We are part of the Nottinghsmahire County Partnership and work with the following:
- Nottinghamshire Police (opens in new window)
- Nottinghamshire Women's Aid (opens in new window)
- Nottinghamshire Independent Domestic Abuse Services (opens in new window)
- Nottinghamshire County Council (opens in new window)
- NHS (opens in new window)
Along with many other agencies to reduce the number of victims who suffer DVA and help victims stay in their home after the perpetrator has left or been removed.
Where can I get help?
If you are in immediate danger call 999.
You can also call the 24 hour domestic violence freephone helpline on 0808 800 0340.