The key roles of the Governance and Standards Committee are:
- To raise awareness of the need for internal control and the implementation of audit recommendations.
- To reinforce the importance of internal and external audit.
- To review the adequacy of the council's risk management framework.
- To scrutinise the financial and non-financial performance and oversees the financial reporting process
- To monitor the effectiveness and make recommendations regarding the constitution.
The committee reports directly to Full Council and meets every six weeks. For meetings since April 2023 please see our meetings, agendas and minutes page for more information. See meetings, agendas and minutes for more information for meetings/decisions since April 2023..
Members of the Governance and Standards Committee
Councillor Alan Bell was appointed Chair of the Committee for 2023-24 at the Annual Council in May 2023.
Governance and Standards Committee decisions
See meetings, agendas and minutes for decisions made by the Governance and Standards Committee since April 2023. For decisions made before this date please see our Pre-April 2023 meetings, agendas and minutes for more information.
Visit our Audit page for more details.