House to House Collections Permit

To collect money or property from houses or businesses (including pubs) you must get a permit unless you hold an exemption, in line with the House to House Collections Act 1939 (opens in a new window)

Please see separate guidance for street collections.

Collection dates

You’ll need to contact us at least 28 days in advance of your chosen date to ensure a permit is available.

Apply for a permit

There is no fee for this application.

Apply for a House to House Collections Permit

Where applicable, your application should include information about the charity or organisation who will benefit along with:

  • a letter of authority
  • a copy of any contracts between you and them
  • the last audited accounts of benefiting charity.

If you cannot provide us with accounts, please tell us why.

After the collection

If a permit is granted, a form of statement must be returned to us within a month of the collection date. Even if no collection took place you must submit a nil return.

This form must be signed by the collector and either an accountant or an independent responsible person.