Business rates appeals

You can appeal if you think the current value for your property is wrong.

If you think your rateable value is wrong, you can ask the Valuation Office Agency (opens in new window) to change it.

If the Valuation Office agrees with your appeal, or if you can reach an agreement on another figure, the rateable value will be changed. If an agreement cannot be reached, or the matter is still outstanding after three months, the dispute will be passed to the Valuation Tribunal.

You must still pay the bill we have sent you even if you have appealed against it. The rates bill can only be changed when the Valuation Office has told us any new rateable value.

If you need to contact the Valuation Office, please visit the Valuation Office Agency (opens in new window) website for their contact details.