Reuse is always better if possible, so before you book a collection please consider selling, or gifting your item. There are a number of charities and organisations who might be interested in your second-hand furniture and electrical appliances, if they‘re in good, working condition. The following charities are among those that offer free collections for such items:
- British Heart Foundation (opens in new window)
- The Furniture Project (opens in new window)
- The Salvation Army (opens in new window)
- Sense (opens in new window)
If your items aren't quite in good enough condition, we can collect bulky household items from your property including:
- domestic appliances including vacuum cleaners, microwaves, toasters, kettles and hair dryers
- bagged household rubbish (three regular sized black bags are equal to one bulky item).
Please note that we cannot collect the following items:
- glass windows/panels
- any object bigger than six foot
- engine parts
- building waste, such as rubble
- hazardous waste, such as paint or asbestos
- garden waste (a separate garden waste service is available).
Certain waste electrical items including fridges, freezers, televisions, microwaves and computer monitors need to be disposed of under WEEE (Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment) regulations and are charged separately at £17.50 each. We cannot collect hazardous waste including, paint, rubble, tyres, asbestos or gas bottles, or American-style fridge freezers.
Items need to be placed outside your property in an easily accessible place for 6am the day after your booking is made. Where possible we ask that the items are placed at the front of your property within your boundary and we will only take away items that have been booked in for collection.
You can also take items to your local Household and Recycling Centres operated by Nottinghamshire County Council. Please note that some restrictions apply if using a van or trailer.
How much does it cost?
- 1 item for £10.80
- 2 or 3 items for £22
- Each additional item on top of this up to a maximum of 10 items will be £10.80 each.
How to request a collection
Please note, you must log in or create an account to book a collection.
Where possible, please protect items such as mattresses or sofas from getting wet to prevent them from getting too heavy to maneuver.
Our electrical goods booking form is for bulky items that contain electronics such as fridges, freezers, dishwashers, tumble dryers, monitors, ovens or TVs.
Report a missed collection
If your waste was not collected on the specified day, please leave the item(s) out and we will collect it as soon as we can.
To cancel a collection or to rearrange the collection date, please call 01623 463463. Please note that the fee is non-refundable.