Benefit Appeals

Sometimes you may not agree with our decision on how much Housing Benefit or Council Tax Reduction we will award you, or you may want to dispute any overpayments we've made. In such circumstances, you can:

  • ask us for a more detailed explanation
  • ask us to look at our decision again, or
  • appeal against our decision.

You must do this within one month of the date on the decision letter.

If you are unsure please ask us to look at your decision again - you can still appeal at a later date if you still do not agree with us.

To appeal you should:

  • complete the benefit decision appeal form, or
  • write a letter to us which includes the details of the decision you are appealing against and the grounds for your appeal. You must also sign the letter.