Riding Establishment Licence

The Animal Welfare (Licensing of Activities Animals) (England) Regulations 2018 covers pet shops, animal boarding establishments, riding establishments, dog breeding and performing animals. If you run stables, which hire out horses or ponies for riding or instruction, you must get a licence from the local authority.

For specific requirements, please see the below links for regulations, guidance and application form.

The licence will show the duration of the licence and the star rating for the services. New businesses may score a lower star rating as there is no compliance history. This does not mean that standards are poorer.