Insurance claims

The council has insurance cover for its activities and land holdings. If you encounter a problem and believe that the council has been negligent it may be possible for you to make a claim against the council.

The legal team cannot give advice on the merits of any claim, nor on the likelihood of a claim being successful. If you are not sure of your rights you should seek independent legal advice.

If you have been injured or suffered a loss and it is the fault of the council it may be possible for you to make a claim.

Please complete the insurance claim form including your full name, address, date of birth and national insurance number and provide a full explanation and details of the incident that has occurred and any damage suffered, along with photographic evidence where possible and two estimates of the value of work required to make good the damage, as appropriate. It is important that you provide the precise location of the incident and the date and time.

Insurance claim form

All claims are thoroughly investigated and we prosecute anyone found to have submitted a fraudulent claim.

Please email completed claim forms to:

If you would like to report a problem regarding the roads, or report a pothole, please do so to Nottinghamshire County Council using the online forms on this link: (link opens in a new window)