Mansfield District Council has insurance cover for its activities and land holdings. If you have been injured or suffered a loss or damage and believe that the council has been negligent it may be possible for you to make a claim against the council.
The council cannot give advice on the merits of any claim, nor on the likelihood of a claim being successful. If you are not sure of your rights you should seek independent legal advice.
Once you have submitted your claim by filling in the form below, your claim will be processed and investigated by the relevant insurance company. You will be notified of the name of the insurance company, the name of your Claim Handler, their contact details and your claim reference number. You should direct any questions or queries directly to them.
You can make an insurance claim by completing the form below. It is important that you provide the following information. You may want to gather all of this information before starting the claim form:
- Your full name, address and contact details
- The precise location and the date and time of the incident
- A full explanation and details of the incident
- Details of any damage, injuries or loss suffered
- Details of any Police or Fire Service involvement in the incident, including crime/incident numbers
- The name, address and contact details of any witnesses to the incident (please note that you must obtain their consent prior to sharing this information)
- Any other evidence that will support your claim, such as photographs, medical evidence or other documentation
- Two estimates of the value of work required to make good any damage
All claims are thoroughly investigated and we prosecute anyone found to have submitted a fraudulent claim.
If you would like to report a problem regarding the roads, or report a pothole, please do so to Nottinghamshire County Council using the online forms on this link: www.nottinghamshire.gov.uk/transport/roads (link opens in a new window)