Brexit support for residents

The UK Government has published information to help individuals prepare for EU Exit that covers:

  • Visiting Europe after Brexit – which includes passports, EHIC cards, driving and travel, pets and mobile roaming fees

  • Work – includes working in the EU and workplace rights

  • Environment – includes environmental standards and food labels

  • Business and Industry – includes consumer rights, banking and selling online

  • Education, training and skills – includes studying abroad and Erasmus+.

Read the information on the GOV UK website (opens in new window).

There is different guidance available for

Settled Status: Continue to live in the UK after it leaves the EU

If you are an EU citizen, find out more about the EU Settlement Scheme, including how and when you need to apply by visiting the GOV.UK pages: EU citizens in the UK (opens in new windows).

You can get Assisted Digital support to use the EU Settlement Scheme online application form if you’re in the UK and do not have the appropriate access, skills or confidence to complete the form.

Keeping you informed

We will keep you informed of any impact to our services and the district.

These web pages will be kept up to date with the latest information and links to other key agencies, as well as our social media channels:

We will also issue information to the local press and business networks.

Get email alerts

You can also sign up for email alerts from GOV.UK (opens in new window) about the EU Exit.