School and group visits to Mansfield Museum…
Mansfield Museum's XplorActive gallery provides fantastic opportunities for pupils across the Key Stages and beyond to learn about their local environment, its history, its people, its natural features - and how they can do their bit to preserve it.
Our education programme offers teachers a dynamic and cost-effective way to enhance classroom coverage of important areas of the National Curriculum in friendly, accessible and stimulating surroundings.
We offer structured workshops featuring:
- Hands-on activities
- Coverage of a wide choice of topic areas, including Romans, Egyptians, Vikings, Recycling, Toys and Games and Made in Mansfield.
- Costumes, masks, puppets, stories and games
- Handling of artefacts and models
- Support materials - for your visit and for the classroom
- A dedicated education room and gallery trail
Talk to us about visiting Mansfield Museum as a school, or as part of another community group or organisation. We tailor each session to suit the needs and requirements of our visitors.
To book a group visit to the Museum or to find out more call Rachael Boaler, our Education Officer, on 01623 463088.
Although Mansfield Museum makes every effort to inform visitors of changes to information and opening times, we are sometimes unable to do so due to unforeseen circumstances - please contact us before making travel and other arrangements to avoid disappointment.