Support for contracted suppliers providing services to Mansfield District Council
We appreciate the commitment and support from our contracted suppliers to maintain services and supplies to the council during the COVID-19 outbreak.
During this period we want to work together with our suppliers to provide support where we can to any suppliers struggling to meet their contractual obligations or those who may have been adversely affected by the need to suspend services or change ways of working.
We want to work together to support our contracted suppliers so that we can all be in a positive position to resume normal contract service delivery as soon as possible once the COVID-19 guidance allows.
The Government has issued two Procurement Policy Notes to support this:
- PPN 01/20 Responding to Covid-19 (opens in new window) which provides information and guidance on public procurement regulations and responding to the coronavirus
- PPN 02/20 Supplier Relief Due to Covid-19 (opens in new window) which sets out information and guidance for public bodies on payment of their suppliers to ensure service continuity during and after the current coronavirus, COVID-19 outbreak.
Every contract has its own unique characteristics and the support needed will vary case by case, however, we could offer support such as:
- Accelerated invoice payment
- Increased frequency of invoicing
- Some payment in advance or on order (not receipt)
- Change to delivery locations, frequency and timing of delivery
- Extension of time for contract performance
- Revised milestones or delivery dates
Supplier relief is currently available up to the end of June 2020, this date may be extended further by the Government.
To discuss how we can help, please get in touch with your usual council procurement contact.
Please note, there are some commitments and conditions applied to the relief, including the need to agree to open book accounting, details of which can be found within the PPN 02/20 Supplier Relief Due to Covid-19 (opens in new window) issued by Government.
Suppliers owed money by us will continue to be paid and should email their invoices to firstname.lastname@example.org. There may be a delay in dealing with invoices sent by post.
Suspension of legal and enforcement action
We have suspended legal and enforcement action to help residents and businesses deal with the fallout from coronavirus.
No legal summonses will be issued by us for a four month period, which will be reviewed in line with the evolving COVID-19 pandemic. In addition, there will be no new action or contact by enforcement agents.
The measures will apply to Council Tax, business rates, council housing rent and all other debts to the local authority. It is very important that anyone having difficulty paying money owed as a result of COVID-19 gets in touch with us as soon as possible.