How to run your business safely
Mansfield, along with the whole of Nottinghamshire and Nottingham City moved into a Tier 3 (very high) alert level on Friday 30 October 2020.
It is critical that employers, employees and the self-employed take steps to keep everyone safe and follow Government rules on being COVID-secure (opens in new window).
Businesses and venues that fail to comply with these restrictions may face fines of up to £10,000, prosecution, or in some cases closure.
NHS Test and Trace Service
The NHS Test and Trace service:
- provides testing for anyone who has symptoms of coronavirus to find out if they have the virus
- gets in touch with anyone who has had a positive test result to help them share information about any close recent contacts they have had
- alerts those contacts, where necessary, and notifies them they need to self-isolate to help stop the spread of the virus.
NHS Test and Trace signage
Businesses across England and Wales like pubs, restaurants, hairdressers and cinemas are being urged to ensure they have NHS QR code posters visible on entry so customers who have downloaded the NHS COVID-19 app (opens in new window) can use their smartphones to easily check-in.
The move comes ahead of a national launch of the NHS COVID-19 app across England and Wales on Thursday 24 September.
The Government will be supporting businesses and venues to display the QR codes, which can be downloaded via a website to display as posters in premises (opens in new window).
From 18 September, Fixed Penalties can be issued to businesses who fail to comply with Test and Trace data collection requirements.
Data should be captured and stored in line with GDPR requirements and retained for 21 days to support the NHS with contact tracing. An example of what to collect includes; name, contact number, date of visit, arrival time and if possible departure time.
More information is available on the Government's Test and Trace guidance webpage (opens in new window).
Need some informative signage about the key things your customers should be doing to keep safe in your premises? Nottinghamshire County Council have produced posters in English, Lithuanian, Polish and Romanian for businesses to use.
In addition to government guidance, we have delivered leaflets to businesses across the district which include the following points:
- Ensure social distancing arrangement outside of your business premises do not cause a problem for other premises or obstruct the street.
- Supply face coverings to employees where possible.
- Make sure your premises is well ventilated.
- Inspect your premises before opening for signs of pest activity or damage.
- Check for Legionella bacteria in all water supplies or air-conditioning units which may have been turned off for a while.
- COVID-19 reopening guidance for businesses (opens in new window)
- COVID-19 reopening guidance for the hospitality industry (opens in new window)
Other government guidance: