How to run your business safely
It is critical that employers, employees and the self-employed take steps to keep everyone safe and follow Government rules on being COVID-secure (opens in new window).
Businesses and venues that fail to comply with these restrictions may face fines of up to £10,000, prosecution, or in some cases closure.
Please continue to:
- Continue to emphasise the key messages of Hands - Face - Space and Fresh Air.
- Promote regular testing of your workforce. More information available on the Nottinghamshire County Council website (opens in new window).
- Promote the uptake of the vaccine. Book an appointment on the NHS website (opens in new window).
- There are walk in Vaccination Sites across Nottinghamshire. Locations are on the Notts CCG website (opens in new window).
Support for businesses during an outbreak
NHS Test and Trace Service
The NHS Test and Trace service:
- provides testing for anyone who has symptoms of coronavirus to find out if they have the virus
- gets in touch with anyone who has had a positive test result to help them share information about any close recent contacts they have had
- alerts those contacts, where necessary, and notifies them they need to self-isolate to help stop the spread of the virus.
NHS Test and Trace signage
Businesses across England are being urged to ensure they have NHS QR code posters visible on entry so customers who have downloaded the NHS COVID-19 app (opens in new window) can use their smartphones to easily check-in. Create a QR code for your business on the Government website (opens in new window).
In addition to government guidance, we have delivered leaflets to businesses across the district which include the following points:
- Ensure social distancing arrangement outside of your business premises do not cause a problem for other premises or obstruct the street.
- Supply face coverings to employees where possible.
- Make sure your premises is well ventilated.
- Inspect your premises before opening for signs of pest activity or damage.
- Check for Legionella bacteria in all water supplies or air-conditioning units which may have been turned off for a while.
- COVID-19 reopening guidance for businesses (opens in new window)
- COVID-19 reopening guidance for the hospitality industry (opens in new window)
Other government guidance: