The Chancellor, Rishi Sunak, set out an ambitious 'Plan for Jobs' (opens in new window) as part of the Government’s response to the challenges posed by COVID-19.
The 'Plan for Jobs' contains a number of measures and incentives aimed at encouraging employers to take advantage of the skills development opportunities available, one of these is the Kickstart Scheme.
The Kickstart Scheme provides funding to create new job placements for 16 to 24 year olds on Universal Credit who are at risk of long term unemployment. Employers of all sizes can apply for funding which covers:
- 100% of the National Minimum Wage (or the National Living Wage depending on the age of the participant) for 25 hours per week for a total of six months
- associated employer National Insurance contributions
- employer minimum automatic enrolment contributions.
There is also £1,500 per job placement available for setup costs, support and training. The job placements should support the participants to develop the skills and experience they need to find work after completing the scheme.
Employers can spread the start date of the job placements up until the end of December 2021.
A Kickstart Scheme application must be for a minimum of 30 job placements. If a single employer cannot provide this many job placements, they can find a Kickstart gateway, such as a local authority, charity or trade body for help applying.
Read full detail about the Kickstart Scheme (opens in new window).
Kickstart gateways based in Nottinghamshire include:
East Midlands Chamber
- Email address: email@example.com
- Telephone number: 07468 474307
- Visit the East Midlands Chamber website (opens in new window)
Futures Advice, Skills & Employment Ltd
- Email address: Alerts@the-futures-group.com
- Telephone number: 0800 085 8520
- Visit the Futures Advice, Skills & Employment Ltd website (opens in new window)
Groundwork Greater Nottingham
- Email address: GN@groundworknottingham.org.uk
- Telephone number: 0115 9788212
- Visit the Groundwork Greater Nottingham website (opens in new window)
Frontline Recruitment Services Holdings Ltd
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone number: 0115 9838633
- Visit the Frontline Recruitment Services Holdings Ltd website (opens in new window)
Nottingham City Council
- Email address: email@example.com
- Telephone number: 07984 263980
- Visit the Nottingham City Council website (opens in new window)
Find more gateways providers on the DWP website (opens in new window).