Whether you are looking to start a business, are already established or you are thinking of moving to Mansfield, we have a variety of business grants which may be suitable for you.
Business Start-Up Grant
The Business Start-Up Grant (up to £2,500) is available to individuals looking to start a business in the Mansfield district. The grant can be used towards start-up costs including the purchase of machinery and equipment, business stationery and marketing costs such as advertising and web design.
Business Growth Grant
The Business Growth Grant (up to £2,500) is available to established businesses based in the Mansfield district and which produce a viable Growth Plan that demonstrates potential job creation. Businesses can use this grant for support in developing a Growth Plan and for costs involved in its implementation.
Shop Front Improvements
The Shop Front Improvements Grant (up to £2,500) is for independent retailers, already occupying premises in the Mansfield district, which want to make alterations or repairs to their shop front to enhance its appearance.
Vacant Shops Grant
The Vacant Shops Grant (up to £2,500) is open to independent retailers taking occupation of a vacant retail property in the Mansfield district. Eligible costs include improvements to premises, fixtures and fittings, rental payments, insurance premiums, advertising and marketing costs.
Before you complete your online application please ensure you have read the schemes guidance (opens in new window).
You will need to complete a business plan and cash flow forecast to accompany your application. To help you, please view the business plan template (opens in new window) and cash flow template (opens in new window).
Access help to develop your business plan
If you need business support in order develop a viable business and financial plan as part of your grant application then please contact one our business support partners for free 1-2-1 business advice before submitting your application:
- D2N2 Growth Hub (opens in new window)
- NBV Enterprise Solutions (opens in new window)
- Business & IP Centre Nottinghamshire (opens in new window).
This is highly recommended and greatly increases the likelihood of presenting a viable and complete business case.
- Check eligibility and guidance
- Complete and submit online application form, completed business plan, cash flow forecast and any other documents that are required.
- Application reviewed by Grant Panel.
- Successful applicants may start project from date of approval confirmation.
- Client makes payment to its suppliers for work undertaken and items purchased.
- Claim for grant payment can be made once evidence of payment to supplier has been submitted.