Our Youth Mayor represents the interests of Mansfield's young people to the Mayor and councillors, local residents and public services.
The Youth Mayor for 2015/16 is Jake Baldry, aged 16, from Samworth Church Academy.
The Young Mayor serves a one year term and:
- Is a spokesperson for the district's young people.
- Acts as an ambassador for Mansfield at various conferences and events.
- Informs and advises the executive Mayor on issues relating to young people.
- Acts as a role model for her/his peers across the district.
You can contact the Mansfield Youth Mayor by:
- Calling - 01623 463372
- Emailing - email@example.com
- Visit the Youth Mayor Facebook page
- Following the Youth Mayor twitter account
Are you going to be aged between 14 and 18 years old on 1 September? Do you live in the Mansfield District?
If your answers are yes then you can stand to be Youth Mayor.
Each April secondary schools are invited to take part in the Youth Mayor programme. Each school nominates one candidate, who will then complete a candidate pack and attend training sessions. You will then produce a manifesto, which outlines what you would do once in post, as well as a marketing plan.
If you stand, you will get support for your campaign and throughout your year in office if you are elected.
If you attend secondary school or college in the district at the time of the election in October, then you can vote for the candidate of your choice at your school or college. Manifestos will be published on this page and will be available from your school/college, so you can find out what each candidate is standing for.
The Youth Voice newsletter contains updates on what the Youth Mayor has been up to.
Page last updated: 17 December 2015