School and group visits to Mansfield Museum
Mansfield Museum's XplorActive gallery provides fantastic opportunities for pupils across the Key Stages and beyond to learn about their local environment, its history, its people, its natural features - and how they can do their bit to preserve it.
Our education programme offers teachers a dynamic and cost-effective way to enhance classroom coverage of important areas of the National Curriculum in friendly, accessible and stimulating surroundings.
We offer you and your pupils:
- Directed visits, targeted at the National Curriculum, that are memorable, meaningful and fun for all ages and abilities
- Hands on activities to really get your kids involved with subject matter
- Coverage of a choice of topics including recycling, habitat, story-writing, media and post-war British history
- Loads of props, stories, games, costumes, objects, puppets and masks
- Handling of real artefacts and models
- A dedicated education room with smartboard, computers, digital cameras and dictaphones
- Support material for use on your visit and in your classroom
Talk to us about visiting Mansfield Museum as a school, or as part of another community group or organisation. We tailor each session to suit the needs and requirements of our visitors.
To book a group visit to the museum or to find out more call Geoff Liptrot, our Education Officer, on 01623 463088. Alternatively, contact us using the simple online form by clicking here.
Although Mansfield Museum makes every effort to inform visitors of changes to information and opening times, we are sometimes unable to do so due to unforeseen circumstances - please contact us before making travel and other arrangements to avoid disappointment.