Payments, Liability and Recovery
Every year in mid March Council Tax bills are sent to every home in the district.
There is 1 bill per household. We will name someone on the bill as the liable person, this means they are responsible for paying the bill.
Payments are usually due by monthly instalments over 10 months, April to January, however you can opt to pay in 12 instalments. You do not need to apply for instalments, these are worked out by us and shown on the bill. However you will need to contact us on (01623) 463162 to arrange a 12 month instalment plan
The smallest instalment allowed is £5.00. This means that if the bill is issued in March for £49.00 the instalments would be: 8 instalments of £5.00, plus 1 instalment of £9.00 (Total Payments = £49.00). In this case, the number of instalments would be 9, instead of 10.
It is possible that further bills will be issued during the council tax year, because of a change in circumstances. This could be because of a change in discount, disabled relief, council tax benefit or alteration to an exemption. Any of these changes would affect the monthly instalments so a replacement bill is always sent.
Council tenants receive their own bill. Council tax is not collected with rent.
- Council Tax Bands
- This guide explains the Council Tax Banding System.
- More about 'Council Tax Bands'
- Council Tax Recovery
- This guide explains the steps we take to recover unpaid Council Tax.
- More about 'Council Tax Recovery'
- Responsibility for Payment
- This guide covers who is responsible for paying the Council Tax bill (known as liability) and which properties are exempt from payment.
- More about 'Responsibility for Payment'
- How to Pay
- We have a number of different ways in which you can make your payment to us.
- More about 'How to Pay'
- Post Office and Pay Point Locations within the Mansfield District
- You can make your payment at any Post Office or PayPoint location within the United Kingdom. This is a comprehensive list of all such locations within the Mansfield District.
- More about 'Post Office and Pay Point Locations within the Mansfield District'