rate this page

What happens if I am overpaid?

We will normally ask you to pay it back. If your rent account is in credit, we will take all or part of the overpayment from this credit. If you still qualify for Housing Benefit, we will deduct a weekly sum from your new Benefit until the overpayment is recovered. If the overpayment is larger or we cannot recover the overpayment by any of the means shown above, we will send you a Sundry Debtors Account. This can be paid in full but if you have difficulty you can agree weekly payments with the Sundry Debtors section.

Back to Housing Benefit Guide for Council Tenants
The MDC site uses cookies to improve functionality and collect anonymous user data for analytics purposes.

Do not show this message again

Read more about our cookies

This page was last modified 01/10/2013 11:00:10

Website URL : http://www.mansfield.gov.uk/index.aspx?articleid=682&faqdetailid=697&inplace=true