rate this page

How do I make a claim?

This depends on whether you are also claiming Income Support (IS) or Jobseekers Allowance (JSA) (Income Based).

 If you are, the Jobcentre Plus adviser will advise you about your claim during your interview. Jobcentre Plus will send the details, including those of your Income Support/Job Seekers Allowance to us. However, Jobcentre Plus will not give us details of the rent that you pay and so we will ask you to send these details to us. You will also be required to make a seperate claim to us if you wish to claim Council Tax Support. 

If you don't receive Income Support or Job Seekers Allowance (Income Based), we will need to see proof of all your income and savings. The claim form explains what you need to send us. If you don't have all the proof don't delay returning your form to us. You can send proof later.

It is important to remember that your Housing Benefit may be restricted due to under occupancy if you have one or more spare bedrooms. Council Tax Reduction will not cover the whole of your Council Tax liability and everyone of working age who qualify for help will have a balance to pay. 

Back to Housing Benefit Guide for Council Tenants
The MDC site uses cookies to improve functionality and collect anonymous user data for analytics purposes.

Do not show this message again

Read more about our cookies

This page was last modified 01/10/2013 11:00:10

Website URL : http://www.mansfield.gov.uk/index.aspx?articleid=682&faqdetailid=689&inplace=true