Who isn't entitled to Housing Benefit?
Please see below for further details,
- Anyone who lives in the same house as their landlord and who is a close relative of the landlord who is charging them rent.
- Anyone whose tenancy the Council believes has been created to take advantage of the Housing Benefits Scheme or who has no liability to pay rent.
- Anyone living in residential accommodation.
- The majority of full time students (you should contact the Council if you believe you can claim, for further advice).
- Anyone with a long tenancy over 21 years, contact Jobcentre Plus if you require help with housing costs in this type of case.
If you are in any doubt as to your possible entitlement please contact us.
Back to Housing Benefit Guide for Private Tenants