Service Delivery Plan Summary - Planning and Regulatory Services
This is about planning and reducing crime and disorder as well as regulatory services such as licensing and environmental health
The service provides:
• The Councils statutory Environmental Health, Planning and Building Control function
• Leadership of the Councils Community safety and public protection function
• Delivery of the Councils emergency planning and resilience function
• The CCTV services throughout the District and provision of CCTV monitoring services on behalf of Nottinghamshire County Council and Ashfield District Council
• Responses to Anti Social Behaviour problems through the Anti Social Behaviour Team and Neighbourhood Wardens
• The co-ordination for Mansfield Partnership Against Crime and partnership working with the police and others to deliver safer neighbourhoods
• Environmental health services including food safety, health and safety, noise and air pollution, licensing, dog control and pest control.
• Building regulation and building control
• Development control
• Street naming and numbering
• Preparation of the Land Development framework and planning policy advice
• Delivery of the Land Development framework
• The Council's Conservation and Heritage function.
• Ensuring that the Council's responsibilities in respect of Conservation and Heritage are met.
• Roll out of enforcement activity, clean neighbourhoods & environment Act. Establishment of central ticket office established for fixed penalty notices
• Continue roll out and evaluation of safer neighbourhood teams
Contact: Beverly Smith - Corporate Director of Regeneration and Regulation