Do you know someone who goes the extra mile to help others within the local community?
The annual Mansfield Volunteer Awards recognise the shining stars of Mansfield District and nominations are now open for this year's event.
There are six categories:
- Andrew Wallace Memorial Award - for any individual volunteering in the community.
- Under 18 Award - for a young volunteer who has made a significant impact on a person or community.
- Outstanding Volunteer Award - for a group or individual that has gone the extra mile to make a difference to society.
- Margaret Wilson Memorial Award - for volunteer who has provided exceptional support to a charity.
- Emily Dawes Memorial Award - for a paid member of staff in the voluntary sector who has gone beyond the call of duty.
- Community Group Award Group - for a voluntary group that has improved or made a difference to their area or cause.
The awards are organised in partnership with Mansfield District Tenant and Resident Groups, Mansfield Community and Voluntary Service, Mansfield District Council, Ladybrook Neighbourhood Management Team and Mansfield Woodhouse Community Development Group.
For further information contact 01623 651 177 or for an online nomination form visit www.mansfield.gov.uk/volunteerawards
Nominations close on 2 April and the awards will be presented at a ceremony on 25 May at William Kaye Hall, Ladybrook, Mansfield.
Published 06 March 2012
Page last updated: 16 February 2015