Business Support Unit
The Business Support Unit's aim is to improve business, administrative, financial and service efficiencies in support of all other Council services.
The service has a key role in challenging, developing, problem solving, monitoring and reviewing services by various means in the areas of Business Support Management, Creditors and Procurement.
Its activity areas include the following –
- Financial Monitoring and Advice
- Value Management Reviews
- Comprehensive Spending Review (CSR)
- Business Management Practice
- Continuous Improvement
- Payment of Creditors
- Payment, Reconciliation and Completion of the Construction Industry Scheme requirements
- Supplier Management
- Identification of aggregation and collaboration opportunities
- Embedding the corporate procurement code of practice throughout the Council
- Clerical support