We understand that everyone has the right to a life free from abuse in any form. Domestic violence is wholly unacceptable and inexcusable behaviour. We are committed to reducing domestic violence.
Domestic violence (psychological, emotional, physical, sexual or financial) is not just perpetrated by a former or current partner, but can also be committed by a parent, between siblings, or by a lodger.
Ending the abuse and accessing services is difficult, both practically and emotionally. We know about the stress faced by victims of domestic violence. That is why we are tackling it in the Mansfield district by:
- Helping you if you are homeless or threatened with homelessness. Housing Solutions
- Supporting the Mansfield and Ashfield Safety Centre (MASC).
This centre offers women a place to go to access information about the law, housing, benefits, counselling, child protection and much more.
- Ensuring that all of our employees are aware of domestic violence and how we can best support victims/survivors of this crime.
- Working with other agencies to help victims make their house safe and secure once the attacker has been removed through the Mansfield Sanctuary Scheme.
- Together with the Police, Mansfield and Ashfield Women's Aid, the health service and many other agencies we are working towards reducing the number of victims who suffer domestic violence, bringing to justice those people who commit this crime and reducing the risk of them repeating their behaviour.
- We are part of the Mansfield and Ashfield Domestic Violence Forum. This forum brings together everyone involved in helping to tackle domestic violence and support victims.
We would like to hear from you if you are a survivor of domestic violence. We want to know what help you needed and whether or not you received that support. Your experiences can help us to improve the services available to people experiencing this type of abuse. You can email the Domestic Violence Co-ordinator in complete confidence at email@example.com . If you would like a response to your email please include your address details and indicate that it is safe to reply to you at that address.